Wednesday is Recipe Day at Cooking Manager.
Tabbouleh is a simple salad based on bulgur wheat, a boon for a busy cook who wants to eat healthy. To make bulgur, grains of wheat are cracked and partially cooked. Either cook it briefly in boiling water or merely soak it, like in the recipe below. Bulgur is sold according to coarseness, from whole to very fine.
For a light no-cook summer meal for 3-4 people, add some yogurt or canned beans, or serve with tuna or prepared chumus (chick-pea spread).
Serves 4 to 6
- 1-1/2 cups medium bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 3 cups water, for soaking
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 medium pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak bulgur in water for at least 1 hour, drain excess.
- Chop vegetables and herbs finely. Mix with bulgur.
- Toss with lemon juice and salt.
You may also enjoy: