This easy recipe contains only 4 ingredients. It’s easily doubled. I make it in the food processor but it’s easy to do by hand as well. The only fat this contains is the good kind—from the avocado itself. Try it with some fresh bread and a slice or two of lettuce.
I mentioned this recipe in my posts on food processors, but it’s so simple and tasty, it deserves its own post.
- 1 clove garlic (more if you dare)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ripe, medium tomato.
- Process the garlic in the processor with the steel S-blade until minced.
- Add the avocado and pulse for a few seconds.
- Add lemon juice and tomato. Use the pulse button, or the on-off switch, to run the processor briefly. The avocado should still have some chunks, as should the tomato. If it gets mushy it will still be good, but it won’t keep as well.
If you want to do it by hand, mince the garlic, chop the tomato finely and mash the avocado with a fork. Then mix it all together.