My recent bout of entertaining got me thinking about what makes a good dinner party. No matter how much effort you put in, and as charming you try to be, the conversation doesn’t always flow smoothly. And let’s face it, some guests are just difficult (but not any of my recent guests, who mostly read this blog).
I don’t expect a lot from guests, but some things drive me crazy. So here’s a fun question to start off the week: Did your guests ever do something that made you swear never to invite them back?
I’ll start off with something mild: I don’t like it when guests take lots of food and leave it on their plate. Even worse is when they let their kids do it. But that’s probably not enough for me not to have them again.
I am off on a trip to Colombia and the US, hurricane-permitting, for the next couple of weeks, and for some of the time I will be a houseguest. I want to hear what drives you crazy, so I won’t do it to my hosts!
You may also enjoy:
Incoming search terms:
- dinner guests
- rude to not eat dinner
- rude guest who compares your cooking to theirs
- rude dinner guests
- is it rude to envite someone to stay eith yoy and not greet them
- is it rude to be invited to a party and not eat the food
- is it rude for dinner guests to bring groceries?
- inviting Guest back ask them to
- invite guests
- if someone invites you to their birthday is it rude not to invite them back