This is from my friend Linda, who says it tastes better than it sounds. Actually, fish comes out moist and tasty in the microwave because it is equivalent to steaming. Baking can dry fish out, if you’re not careful.
- 1/2 kg. or 1 lb. fish fillets (e.g. hake, cod, nile perch)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a microwave square or round dish, arrange fish fillets with thicker side towards outside of pan. Give a dusting of salt and pepper. (Use hake, nile perch, cod, whatever….)
- Mix oil, crumbs, lemon juice and parsley.
- Spread mixture over fish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook in microwave on high power for 6-8 minutes, until fish flakes easily with fork. If you don’t have a microwave, you can put in the conventional oven or in a covered pan on top of the stove.
Linda suggests serving with more lemon, mayonnaise, hollandaise sauce, etc. If you cook up a batch of grains at the same time, and prepare a salad while the fish is cooking, you have a complete, wholesome, healthy dinner in about 20 minutes, start to finish.