Wednesday is recipe day at Cooking Manager.
I found some limes in the local market, where they are only available a few weeks a year. Luckily, I found this recipe for mango salsa on AllRecipes (there are more limey ideas on the Cooking Manager Facebook page). The recipe called for a teaspoon of sugar, but I left it out the second time I made it.
This mango salsa will add unusual color and flavor to your meal.
- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Mix everything together and let sit for an hour and a quarter.
- This tasted much better the next day, after the flavors were well-blended.
- I used the food processor first adding the garlic, then the cilantro, and then the onion. Next time I’ll be brave and use it for the mango and tomatoes, being careful not to turn it into mush.
- My neighbor and her friend loved a sample I gave them, but their husbands didn’t. My kids and husband liked it.
I wish all of you celebrating Rosh Hashanah a wonderful, tasty and prosperous new year.
You may also enjoy:
How to Tell if an Avocado is Ripe