I’ll be brave and admit share what I have left. You don’t have to be Jewish to play–just open the fridge and tell us what’s inside.
Are you ready?
- a cup of mango salsa
- a cup of carrot-apple salad
- half a chicken breast in lots of sauce
- 3 cups of cholent with little meat
- a few meatballs
- half a dozen cooked potatoes
- a cooked sweet potato
- rice with eggplant, but I’m afraid that is already on its way out.
- marinated beet salad
- a cup of chard cooked with onion and garlic
- half a cup of techina (sesame dressing)
- several cups of lettuce salad
That doesn’t include some chicken soup, which I’ve put in the freezer, and part of a challah. On the plus side, I don’t have many raw vegetables that will be going bad soon. I ran out of carrots for the first time in ages.
There were quite a few dishes that did get finished up, but I can’t think of them right now.
I have five kids at home this week, including three teens. The thing I’m most concerned about is the potatoes. Some of the food was cooked on Friday so it’s safer. I’ll probably make one meal from the leftovers tonight, and put the chicken sauce, leftover stew and potatoes into a soup.
What about you?