- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 25 grams butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 carrots
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1-2 Jerusalem artichokes
- An inch or so of finely chopped root ginger (optional)
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut squash and sweet potatoes into chunks. Roast together until soft with a little oil spray and salt for 1/2 to 1 hour, depending on the size of the chunks.
- Melt butter and saute chopped onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add carrots, potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Add ginger if desired.
- Cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables, cover with water, and add a a little artificial chicken stock powder.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Puree in a food processor, or with a hand blender.
You may also enjoy: