Thanks to Rachelle Isserow for sending in this elegant dish. Serves 4-6.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound mix of green and yellow beans, trimmed and sliced at an angle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 and ¼ pounds spaghetti (500 grams)
- 30 Calamata olives (big black) pitted and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound Feta cheese
- Heat olive oil and onion in small pan, cook till translucent.
- Add 3 cloves and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add beans and cook for 30 minutes until beans are soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Boil spaghetti in large pot for two or three minutes if pasta is fresh, or according to package directions. Drain well.
- Combine chopped olives and finely chopped garlic.
- In another bowl toss tomatoes with lemon juice and set aside.
- In large saucepan heat butter, add cooked pasta and toss. Add Feta cheese and stir about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer pasta to plate. Place a mound of beans mixture down the center of each portion in a straight line on top of the spaghetti. Then put a mound of tomato-lemon. Put the olive-garlic mix on top of all.
- Serve immediately. Also good reheated or microwaved.
You may also enjoy:
Photo credit: The Knowles Gallery