Wednesday is Recipe Day at CookingManager.Com
Easy Low-Fat Turkey Meatloaf
I served this meatloaf I served at one of my son’s Bar Mitzvah meals. It was easy to prepare and warm up, and got a lot of compliments. The health-conscious guests appreciated the use of turkey and oatmeal instead of beef and breadcrumbs. I made it with 5 kilograms (11 pounds) of ground meat. Below is a smaller version. I suggest doubling (at least) and freezing, although you may want to make just one the first time.
700 grams ground beef, turkey, chicken, or a combination.
1/2 cup plain instant oatmeal, breadcrumbs or matzah meal
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 tablespoons parsley
1 onion, quartered
1 carrot, in two or three pieces
(You can add salt if you like, but keep in mind that mustard, catsup and kosher meat are all salty.)
A few tablespoons of catsup or tomato paste
- Place dry parsley in the food processor and chop.
- Add onion and carrot. Continue chopping with the on/off setting until fine, not mushy.
- Place all ingredients except for catsup into a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Spread a layer of catsup or tomato paste on top. Bake at 180° C (350° F) for 45 minutes. The inside may be pink from the catsup, so check that the juices run clear. If there is a liquid fat in the pan just pour it off.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like:
Incoming search terms:
- low fat turkey meatloaf
- turkey meatloaf matzah
- passover turkey meatloaf
- turkey meatloaf with quick oats
- turkey meatloaf with matzo meal
- turkey meatloaf with instant oatmeal
- Low-Fat Turkey Meatloaf
- low fat turkey meatloaf with oatmeal
- turkey meatloaf for passover
- matzo meal turkey meatloaf recipe