I was looking for something different for the holidays, when a friend suggested turkey breast. Turkey breast is easy to slice and serve, and leftovers can be stored in small containers for quick leftovers. It tends to dry out, so be careful not to overcook.
To keep the turkey moist, I slathered it with a mixture of herbs, oil and lemon juice. Easy, elegant, and tasty.
- One whole turkey breast
- Mix of herbs: Basil, parsley, dill. About ten sprigs of each.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chop the herbs finely with a sharp knife or food processor.
- Mix herbs with oil and lemon juice.
- Using your hands, coat the breast completely.
- Bake at 180 C. (350 F.) until completely cooked, for about 60 minutes. It should reach an internal temperature of 75 C. (165 F.)
- Serving size: It depends on the weight of the raw turkey. My mother’s rule was 1/3 of a pound, or about 150 grams, per person.