An easy vegetarian recipe. You could make it in the microwave, but you would need to soften the onions first for about five minutes on high before adding the other incredients. You could make it gluten free by substituting rice flour for the crumbs.
Contributed by reader Aviva Hadas.
Vegetarian Nut Loaf
- 1 cup grated cooked carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup matzoh meals or bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Mix all ingredients except tomato sauce.
- Spoon into oiled loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before removing from oven, cover loaf with tomato sauce.