Wednesday is Recipe Day at Cooking Manager.
Greek salad, or horiatiki, is a rough country salad of juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, sliced red onion, pepper, crumbly feta cheese and plump kalamata olives. Serve this delightful combination as a side dish or as a light meal with some crusty bread.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic—minced (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- head of romaine chopped
- 3 tomatoes—cut into wedges
- ¼ red onion—sliced into rings
- ½ cucumber—sliced into thick half-moons
- ½ yellow pepper (capsicum)—julienned
- 4 oz (120g) feta cheese—cut into small cubes
- 16 kalamata olives
Place the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a small jar with a screw-top lid and shake to combine.
Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl. POUR the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine just before serving.
Garnish with a little freshly ground black pepper.
You may also enjoy:
Incoming search terms:
- feta ser
- greek salad with feta cheese
- feta cheese and olive salad
- greek salads with feta cheese
- how to make a greek salad with feta cheese
- olive and feta cheese salad
- olives and feta cheese salad
- gREEK FETA CHEESE SALAD
- feta and olive salad
- how to make greek salad with feta cheese