Wednesday is Recipe Day at Cooking Manager.
Reader Aviva-Hadass sent me a recipe for a vegetarian lentil casserole that can be mixed right in the baking pan. It bakes 70 minutes, or use your oven for something else at the same time. Or make it in the crockpot.
- 3 cups broth
- 3/4 cups green lentils, although any color will do
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 300° F. (150° C.).
- Add broth, lentils, brown rice, chopped onion, and spices to 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Stir together and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 20 more minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.