Wednesday is Recipe Day at CookingManager.Com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1.5 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1.5 cups brown or white rice
- 3 fresh, ripe tomatoes, cubed (substitute canned if you like)
- 1 can drained chickpeas, or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce (for gluten-free)
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- Heat oil and saute onions in a large saucepan for about 5 minutes.
- You can saute the garlic with the onion, or add it after the rice.
- Add rice and continue to brown, another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and cover.
- Lower the heat and cook for 18 minutes for white rice, 30 for brown.
Photo credit: fnogues